Dear OOPS Members...
I want to share this info with you from our artist friends in Elzabeth City, NC.
Splash 2016 Plein Air Paint-Out
Arts of the Albemarle
Sponsored by the Albemarle Area Association of Realtors
Artist Instructions & Rules
• Painting Area: Artist may paint any subject or scene outdoors he/she chooses in the Elizabeth City area (in town or on the outskirts). The painting(s) must be completed in the outdoor area and not from photographs.
• Painting Period: Begins at 10 am Friday, October 28, 2016 and ends at 12 pm Friday, November 4, 2016. All work must be received at Arts of the Albemarle (AoA) by 12 pm Friday, November 4th. Artwork submitted after 12 pm on November 4, 2016 will not be accepted.
• Required Registration and Entry Fees: Download the registration form or register online. Registration fee is $25.00 for Arts of the Albemarle artist members or $30 for non-members. Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Check In & Canvas Stamping: All artists must check in at Arts of the Albemarle (516 E. Main St. in Downtown Elizabeth City) at the Splash registration table between 10 am and 5 pm. All canvases must be stamped on the back prior to starting to paint (gesso underpainting is ok). Artists may have unlimited number of stamped canvases but can submit up to 2 pieces for jurying and for display/sale. Only stamped canvases can be shown or sold at this event. Maximum allowed canvas size is 16"x20". All pieces must be labeled with artist's name, title of work, and price.
• Juror: Anthony Ulinski His career began as a studio furniture maker in 1976. His furniture and sculpture have been exhibited at the Smithsonian Craft Fair, the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Fair, the Funeria in San Francisco and the John Elder Gallery in New York. In 1993 Anthony began painting, working with Elizabeth Lentz, Jacob Cooley and Beverly McIver. His awards include the painting fellowships at the Virginia Center for Creative Arts and the Vermont Studio Center. Anthony teaches woodworking and painting workshops at Fenland School of Crafts, Arrowmont School of Crafts, Peters Valley Craft Center, the Durham Arts Council, the Pocosin Arts Center and East Carolina University.
• Ribbons and cash prizes: $500 First place; $350 Second place; $150 Third place, and Sponsor’s Award $200. This event is generously sponsored by the Albemarle Area Association of REALTORS.
• Wet Paint Sale: Friday, November 4 from 5:30-7:30pm, during First Friday ArtWalk. All work must be framed and properly wired to hang on the wall OR displayed on easels. Framed artwork will remain on display through the month of November. Only works created on the stamped canvases will be for sale. No previously painted work will be accepted for the sale.
• Proceeds from the Wet Paint Sale: For all artwork sold, 35% of the sales price will benefit Arts of the Albemarle, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. AoA will collect all monies from the sale of artwork including tax through the end of 2016. The artist will be mailed a check for his/her amount owed between the 15th and 30th of December. A completed W-9 is required for payment.
• Unsold Artwork: Artist will have the opportunity to hang any unsold artwork from the plein air event in the gallery through January, 2017, pending space availability. Artists may request artwork be mailed to them at their own expense. After July 31, 2017, any remaining unsold work will become property of AoA.\
• Liability: AoA assumes no responsibility for theft, damage or liability. The artist is responsible for insurance of his/her own artwork. We will make our best effort to assure the security of the artwork in the display area.
• Inclement Weather: The event will take place rain or shine, so please be prepared